Monday, October 13, 2014

Chasing the Stars Release Day Blitz





Mackenzie Blanchard’s life wasn’t easy; never had been, never would be. She thought things were looking up when she started yet another new school her senior year. She made friends and was enjoying life the best she could.

One friendship turned into something more, and just when she felt safe, things were ripped apart.

Hayes Morgan had never cared about anyone but himself. He was living the life he wanted, just having fun. He never dreamed that he would fall for the new girl in school.


What started out as a sweet friendship turned into something he never thought possible, until she vanished...

Their paths collide a year after they last saw each other, but they are both harboring secrets. Will they be able to trust and love each other again, or will the secrets rip them apart forever?

Amazon US:
Amazon UK:
 http://amzn.to/1ndlckT
Barnes and Noble:
    http://bit.ly/1rhK71M
iBooks: 
http://bit.ly/1vPbDrR






I turned around to come face to face with green piercing eyes. My breath caught and I felt like I was going to pass out. No way was I standing in front of Hayes Morgan. I couldn’t move, I couldn’t breathe, and I couldn’t speak. I couldn’t do anything but look into his beautiful eyes.

“Mac?” he finally managed, his voice cracking.

“Yeah,” I whispered.

He reached his hand out like he was going to touch me then dropped it. “I can’t believe it’s you. I wasn’t sure if I’d ever see you again.”

I pulled my eyes away from him to notice the beautiful girl standing beside him with her arm wrapped around his forearm. “It’s really me. It was nice seeing you, but I have to go.
Author Questions for JD Rivera

Your next book, Chasing the Stars, comes out on Oct. 13th. Tell us a little about it.

Chasing the Stars is about a girl (Mackenzie) that moves around a lot starting her senior year at a new high school and a guy (Hayes) that pretty much has everything and not a care in the world. They meet and a friendship forms and then everything is ripped apart for them. It's a mix of YA/NA but I would classify it as more New Adult.

When did know you wanted to be a writer?

I've always made up stories but it wasn't until I was an adult that I really wanted to write the stories down and let the world see them.

Are there any genres that you want to write, but haven’t yet?

I don't think so but that could change tomorrow. I will never say never.

Balancing family time is tricky as it is. How do you throw writing into that mix?

I balance my time by giving up sleep and drinking a lot of coffee. I usually give myself a certain amount of time each day to write or if I'm really lucky I'll give myself a word count to achieve.

What is the ideal writing environment for you?

My ideal writing environment is my new recliner with music turned up. I don't really have a preference on music but I like to listen to something.

Do you outline your stories or do they just come to you?

I tried to outline once and it turned into a disaster. I felt like I was forcing the story. I'd rather just let it come to me.

What is the typical turn-around time for a book for you?

It varies depending on what's going on in my personal life but I would say 4-6 months.

What is one question you wish people asked you?

Oh gosh, I have no idea. Maybe... Can I get you another Diet Mountain Dew? Haha!!!

What book are you dying to read?

I have way too many to list.

Some books are harder than others to write. Were any of yours particularly hard, or did they all flow?

Most have came pretty easily to me but I would say Defensive was the hardest. Only because I didn't really plan on writing it.

Pen and paper or keyboard and screen? What way do you wish you could do all your writing?

Keyboard!!! My handwriting is so bad I wouldn't know what I had written.

What other projects can we expect to see from you in the future?

I'm currently writing a novel and then I plan on writing a novella. You may see some characters from Chasing the Stars show up again. ;-)


J.D. Rivera lives in Oklahoma with her husband and two boys. Her life consists of school projects, homework, cartoon shows, and little league sports. She loves Diet Mountain Dew, the OKC Thunder, costume jewelry, the beach, and reading.
Website:

Facebook:

Twitter:

Goodreads:
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7083001.J_D_Rivera


No comments:

Post a Comment